Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Missiles are self-propelled weapons that often have some form of self-guidance and typically use some type of explosive warhead.
Missile characteristics[edit | edit source]
Guidance[edit | edit source]
Some missiles are "dumb," having no guidance system and thus functioning like rockets.
For missiles that do have some form of self-guidance, the types of guidance can include:
- Heat seeking
- Image recognition
- Friend or foe
Propulsion[edit | edit source]
Normally, missiles use a thermal jet propellant system fueled either by liquid or solid propellant, but larger missiles may use exotic propulsion systems similar to those of spacecraft.
Payload[edit | edit source]
The payloads of a missile can be:
- PBX High Explosive (HE)
- Electromagnetic pulse (EMP)
Missile models[edit | edit source]
- Behring Arrow: Dumb HE missile also known as Lemmings or Matchsticks
- Talon Devastator Heat seeking missile with various payloads
- Behring Judge: Friend-or-foe HE missile, sometimes with armor piercing capability
- Talon IR4 Stalker: Image Recognition HE or Antimatter missile
- Behring Mk2: Friend-or-foe MIRV missile (it divides into smaller missiles after being fired)
- Joker XXV Vampire: Also known as Leech
- Talon Fusion Torpedo: Dumb fusion missile
- Joker XB-44 "TomatoCan": Image recognition or heat seeking HE fragmentation missiles
- ASD BV-8 Blackout: Dumb or image recognition EMP missile
- Talon SV32 Bulkhead Buster